Monday, August 13, 2007

Flyball and boy troubles


I got to run in my first tournament yesterday since coming off of “injured reserve” as Mom called it. It went really well – Mom and I had a lot of fun, and she did mention something about our “starts” going well, so she seemed happy. It’s always fun to play flyball, but particularly when Mom is also having a great time. I also got to run for my Uncle K a few times – that was also great fun. After the racing, Mom brought me a cool new stuffed toy – Buzz and Flash each got one, too, so I guess that means that the racing went well. New stuffed toys are the best, and so much fun to practice arthroscopic squeakectomies on!

On a bit more solemn note, I saw my old flame; I’ll call him “Harrison” (not his real name). I hadn’t mentioned anything about “Zip”, but I wonder if he knows? We flirted a bit, but he seemed edgy. Not sure if it was because his granddaughters were there, or if we were just getting ready to race, or if it was something else, but I really wish I’d had more time to romp with him.

“Harrison” has always been a favorite boyfriend. He’s a 6 year old, intact Danish Swedish Farm Dog and he and I usually flirt quite a lot. He’s very athletic, with beautiful black, tan and white markings, and such a handsome face. I believe he has an actual mate, whom I’ll call “Janna”, and with whom he’s had puppies, but it doesn’t stop us from flirting and playing whenever we see each other. I hope that he’s not jealous – perhaps he smelled that I’d been flirting with Zip the other day (though 2 days had passed already, so probably not.) Hopefully that’s not the case. Next week, when I see him at practice again, I’ll be sure to flirt with him again so he knows that I still really like him. Did I mention that he's a favorite boyfriend? sigh...

1 comment:

Tobicus Headicus Maximus Guy said...

You probably don't know me, but I think you're big problem is that you go for the "intacters" Yea sure they're nice and unaltered. But they're usually only really interested in puppies. You should find yourself a nice altered male. I bet there are lots of altered males that would be glad to have you, that share your same interests. Maybe you already know one of them, and he's loved you from afar. Maybe you need to take a serious look at those close to you, I think you'll be happier for it.